Although I do shoot a lot of wedding rehearsals, I rarely get time to post them on the blog, so I thought I'd share a few from Chase + Charlotte's recent wedding. But before I do that, I'd like to give you the...
Top 5 reasons to have your Wedding Rehearsal Documented:
1. Your wedding rehearsal is an event in and of itself. It is an intimate occasion where the bride and groom have more interaction with their closest friends and family than they typically do on their big day. Things are more relaxed, special toasts are made, gifts are given. If you took the time to send out invitations and make dinner reservations, shouldn't you have it well-documented?
2. It gives your friends and family a chance to get acquainted with me. I know this may not seem like such a big deal, but it really does have an effect on how things run on the wedding day. I love to meet new people, and being at the rehearsal gives me a lot more time to get to know the personality of your group so that I can truly reflect that in the photographs. It's also nice for everyone to know who I am ahead of time.
3. You don't have to remember who needs to be where and when. When I attend a rehearsal, I am available to give a quick run-down of schedule with everyone present. I typically say a few words right before rehearsal is over, and can answer any questions as well. You'd be amazed at what a little reminder does for your family members' punctuality. :)
4. I get a real life preview. Being there allows me to have more time to capture the best details and find the best locations to shoot. It's a little rehearsal for me, too, and only guarantees that the images captured on your wedding day are the very best!
5. It's about you guys. Sure, it's not "THE big day", but it is a very special occasion. Just like your wedding, the rehearsal is a one-time event that would not be happening if it weren't for you two! I love to capture the whole spectrum of emotions...and the rehearsal is full of them! Never again will you be preparing for your wedding vows. The excitement, love and anticipation are all there, and having it documented in pictures is priceless.
I L.O.V.E.D. shooting at the McKinney Cotton Mill! I'm sure I could spend a few years at this location and never get tired. Chase and Charlotte had an ease about them on this day that was so refreshing. The N Group did a fabulous job coordinating the event. I can't wait to show you the images from the wedding itself!
A couple of the beautiful details...
Love the motion in this one.
Typical Charlotte. :)